If you haven’t played poker before, you may find some of the jargon and gameplay a wee bit confusing. But never fear, because help is here! I’ve created this useful article that contains all you need to know about Poker for beginners. You’ll soon see that poker is really easy to play and a lot of fun, too, as long as you know what you are doing and are doing it right!
Terms used in Poker
There are a lot of jargon that poker players like to use and they seem like Latin to the rest of the world who doesn’t play poker. If that includes you, here is a quick cheatsheet of poker terms used to help you at Poker for beginners:
- Opening the betting: When a game of poker is played, the first stake that is placed is said to open the betting for other players.
- Fold: Folding allows you to pull out of a poker game, and you can do this if you are prepared to say goodbye to any money you’ve already placed on the game.
- Muck: The muck is the set of cards that players who fold leave on the table.
- Dead: Once cards are placed on the muck, they are dead and cannot be played with.
- Call: Once a player names their bet, you can match their bet to have the next card revealed at the end of a hand.
- Raise: You can increase your bet by raising, and other players will have to also raise their wager to match yours to continue the game.
How to Play
Here’s what you need to know to play Poker for beginners:
- A deck of cards for poker consists of 52 cards; the ace is valued the highest and the deuce has the lowest value.
- Suits have equal ranking and only when it comes to deciding which hand wins does the value of a suit come into play.
- The value of cards decides which hand wins. A hand with an ace in it wins against any other hand, while a higher ranking pair of cards can win against another pair.
Dealing during a Game
The game begins when the dealer shuffles the cards and then deals it out to players. Each player receives two hole cards face down, after which three community cards are dealt. The community cards can be used to create winning hands.
Promotions and Offers:
Poker for beginners include several casino promotions that you can use to have a better game
Bad beat jackpot: You can actually play to lose in this type of game. Here, you get a larger piece of the jackpot pie if yours is the losing hand. So you need to pray that you lose!